More than 800,000 people worldwide have been infected with the new coronavirus COVID-19, and the number of deaths from the outbreak continues to rise. Officials are attempting to contain the COVID-19 outbreak in all parts of the world. Hospitals brace for unprecedented patient surges and a shortage of medical supplies.
Global coronavirus deaths near 39K, worldwide cases top 800K
In the three months since the virus was first identified in Wuhan, China, it has infected at least 800,049 people worldwide.
- The United States has confirmed 164,610 confirmed cases, resulting in 3,170 deaths.
- Italy has reported 101,739 cases, resulting in 11,591 deaths.
- Spain has confirmed 94.417 infections, resulting in 8,189 deaths.
- China has recorded 82,272 cases, resulting in 3,309 deaths.
- Germany has reported 67,051 cases, resulting in 650 deaths.
- France has confirmed 45,171 infections, resulting in 3,030 deaths.
- Iran has recorded 44,605 cases, resulting in 2,898 deaths.
- The United Kingdom has reported 22,465 cases, resulting in 1,412 deaths.
- India has confirmed 1,440 cases, resulting in 47 deaths.