Today, Rata Tata shared on Instagram that Tata Trusts and the Tata group companies have committed INR 500 crores for the situation of Coronavirus in India. The said amount will be committed towards the current COVID-19 situation in India affecting all communities for:
- Personal Protective Equipment for medical personnel on the frontline
- Respiratory systems for treating increases cases
- Testing kits to increase per capita testing
- Setting up modular treatment facilities for infected patients
- Knowledge management and training of health workers and the general public
Commenting on the same Ratan Tata said,
“The situation in India and across the world is of grave concern and needs immediate action. Tata Trusts and the Tata group’s companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time. ” He added that urgent emergency resources need to be deployed to cope with the crisis.